|For those who expect to receive a graduate degree on:||August 8, 2014||December 18, 2014||May 8, 2015||August 7, 2015||December 17, 2015|
|Last Day To:|
|Submit final* GS2 Form (Plan of Study and Graduate Degree Curriculum) to Enrolled Services**||May 14, 2014||August 20, 2014||Jan 7, 2015||May 13, 2015||August 19, 2015|
|Apply to graduate (sign in to iRoar, go to "Student Record" and select "Apply to Graduate.") Please note that you may fill out the Diploma Application only if you are planning to apply for the next graduation date. Please call 656-5339 or email Enrolled Services if you have questions.||June 3, 2014||September 9, 2014||January 28, 2015||June 2, 2015||September 8, 2015|
|Order cap, gown and hood from University Bookstore|| For current deadline information, check
|Written notification of defense is due in Enrolled Services at least 10 days prior to your defense. The information must include: Name, Program of Study, Title, Committee/Chair, Date, Time and Location. Your defense must be scheduled early enough to allow time for committee-required revisions to your thesis or dissertation before the GS7 deadline (below). Typically you should allow at least two weeks between your defense and the GS7 deadline.||Notice must be in writing (hard copy or e-mail)|
|July 25, 2014||December 4, 2014||April 23, 2015||July 23, 2015||December 4, 2015|
|Submit completed thesis or dissertation for format approval from the Manuscript Review Office. The only revisions you may make after this date are formatting revisions requested by the Manuscript Review Office.||July 25, 2014||December 4, 2014||April 23, 2015||July 23, 2015||December 4, 2015|
|All revisions requested by the Manuscript Review Office must be completed and approved by the Manuscript Review Office.||August 1, 2014||December 11, 2014||May 1, 2015||July 31, 2015||December 11, 2015|
* The GS2 should be filed during the second semester of your course of study (Master's degree) or during your second year of study (Doctoral degree). It is a map of your course of study and ensures you receive appropriate and timely academic advising. The GS2 may be filed as late as the deadline listed here, but should be filed much earlier to be most effective. If your plan of study changes between when you file an original GS2 and the deadline date listed above, you must file an amended GS2.
** A $25 late fee will be assessed when the GS2 or GS4 form is submitted after the deadline above, and will increase at the rate of $5 per business day thereafter. Late fee payments must be made directly to the Bursar's Office (located in Sikes Hall).
Checklist on Graduate School Procedures
The graduate student should carefully note this checklist as well as the above deadline dates.
- Select (in consultation with the appropriate department head) a major advisor and advisory committee.
- Submit Plan of Study and Graduate Degree Curriculum (Form GS2).
- Satisfy any prescribed language requirement and comprehensive examination prerequisite for admission to candidacy.
- Complete Final Examination (Form GS7M for master's students or Form GS7D for doctoral students).
- Apply for admission to candidacy for a doctoral degree (Form GS5).
- Order diploma (Form
GS4) after completing at least half the prescribed course work.
- Order cap, gown, and hood from University Bookstore.
- Submit completed thesis (if required) or dissertation to research advisor and arrange for final examination by the advisory committee.
- Review thesis/dissertation submission guidelines and procedures, and make sure you submit your properly formatted manuscript prior to the deadline (www.grad.clemson.edu/manuscript)
The final responsibility for ensuring compliance with these procedures rests with the graduate student. Special problems should be referred to the graduate dean.
104-D Sikes Hall
(864) 656-5339 (For students whose last names begin with A - L)
(864) 656-5341 (For students whose last names begin with M - Z)
Manuscript Review Office
To find guidelines for preparing your thesis or dissertation manuscript, visit our Web site http://www.grad.clemson.edu/Manuscript.php.
E-106 Martin Hall